Business Formulation & Planning
All businesses will incur a variety of challenges and risks throughout their existence, but the beginning stages offer some of the largest and most difficult hurdles your business will face. By starting off with the support of a trusted Raleigh business lawyer, your business’s future will have the foundation and structure required to succeed. Our Raleigh law firm has experienced and solved thousands of legal issues for our clients and their businesses for more than 50 years.
Due to the firm’s extensive experience over that span, we have helped numerous Raleigh businesses increase their chances of success and maximize their profits.
Choosing a Raleigh Lawyer Will Help Your Business
At Kirk, Kirk, Howell, Cutler & Thomas, LLP, we take great pride in helping start up and early stage companies reach their goals. Our business law team will help you refine your business model, strategy, planning, financing and offer guidance on growth and expansion. It is important to start your business of with the right support, to make proper decisions that could impact your liability and risk factors. Our goal is to provide you with the best guidance so you have the solution to any problem or question that arises.
Services We Offer Raleigh Businesses
We offer business law expertise in the areas of:
- Drafting Agreements for
- Share holders
- Joint Ventures
- Business Formation
- Capital Structure
- Financial Arrangements
- Venture Capital
- Seed Investments
- Compliance Matters
- Due Diligence
- Contract Negotiations
- Obtaining Licenses and Federal Tax ID’s
- Entity Support
- Choosing the Right Entity
Choosing the Right Entity for Your Raleigh Business
At some point, your business will be faced with choosing the type of entity that it will be classified under. Each entity represents a a choice for benefits and taxation standards, but that will also meet specific legal requirements. Our Raleigh business lawyers will act as general counsel to help you through the legality and tax implications for the business entity you choose.
What Is a Business Entity?
An entity is the classification of the business’s structure of operation. A business can take a variety of forms and our Raleigh business lawyers can guide you on the best option so you create the right type of business.
Here are the types of entity your Raleigh business can be classified as:
- Sole Proprietorship – a single owner business. All liability rests with the owner.
- Corporation – a collection of owners or shareholders. Offers limited liability to shareholders. This classification will hold the business responsible for its actions. Good for outside investment or public trading.
- Sub-chapter – S
- Sub-chapter – C
- Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) – very popular classification with fewer formalities than corporations. Great for small firms with no investors and small partnerships. LLC owners are called members. LLC’s are allowed more freedom with taxation by having options by being taxed as a corporation, partnership or can be disregarded as and entity for 1 member.
- General Partnership – similar to a sole proprietorship, but with multiple owners.
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) – partnership of two people with one assuming personal responsibility and the second taking on limited liability. Debts are removed as a risk factor for the limited partner, but they will forfeit daily management rights.
- Professional Corporations & PLLC’s – for licensed professionals. May require state and/or federal approval based nature of the business.
- Non-Profit or Benefit Organization – charitable organizations. Can solicit donations after status approval by IRS.
Call a Business Lawyer in Raleigh for Support with Your Business
Since the needs and demands of a business can change daily or take months to plan for, the Raleigh business lawyers of Kirk, Kirk, Howell, Cutler & Thomas, LLP., will provide guidance to new business owners, entrepreneurs, emerging businesses and large companies with years of establishment. Find out how our Raleigh business lawyers can help you start your new business by calling (919) 615-2473 or by completing the contact form below.
Protecting your Privacy ~ Your privacy is our primary concern. At Kirk, Kirk, Howell, Cutler & Thomas, LLP., we understand the importance of protecting your privacy and will never share your contact information with a 3rd party. Contacting our law firm does not imply any form of attorney-client relationship.
Information presented on this website should not be construed as formal legal advice or the formation of an attorney-client relationship. Additionally, any email sent to Kirk, Kirk, Howell, Cutler & Thomas, L.L.P. or any of its lawyers at the email addresses set forth in this website will not create an attorney-client relationship.